Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hi everyone  - Grandpa is really enjoying the pictures and the stories and I am as well.  Love to hear your memories of when you were little.  It's amazing what each of you remember.  We sure love all of you and   the grandkids too

Can anyone remember the time we did the 12 days of Christmas on that lady in Palmer and she called the police on us.  Turns out that she was a Jehovah Witness and does not celebrate the holidays.  I believe she is the one whom Norman bought his first truck from - is that right, Norman?  That was quite an eye opener.  Thought we were doing a good deed and it turned on us.

Also, Cliff was telling me a funny story about Norman.  When we moved back to Palmer and had moved the house and were putting the roof on - Cliff and Norman were up on the roof and Cliff told Norman to be very careful as it was icy on the roof.  Cliff looked around and said "Norman, Norman"  Well, he had slid off the roof just as Cliff said that.  Luckily there was about three feet of snow on the ground and he fell into that.  Well, Norman climbed back up the ladder and said "Dad, that was really exhilarating.  You should try it."  Cliff said he laughed for three days after Norman made that statemeny.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah that was pretty funny I was not hurt so I could not think of anything else to say, I mean seriously what do you say after something like that. So that's what I came up with and I can still make dad laugh when I say it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that was the lady I bought my truck from but there was more to the story then that, they had a neighbor hood watch program in that neighbor hood. Becuse they freaked out on us the next year when we tried to do the twelve days on another family in that neighbor hood but the second time around we were secussfull :-)

    ReplyDelete